Tuesday 20 July 2010

UN expert gives support to ecological farming


Sometimes running the Oak Tree feels like riding into the wind, as most official support is either for large agroindustry or for social gardening projects. I am all for social gardening projects, as gardening is certainly a wonderful environment to get to know people and learn all sorts of useful skills.

But the Oak Tree is neither a social project (though I hope we become an integral part of the local community) nor agroindustry. To date I have received no grants, no official advice or other support and my only interactions with officialdom have entailed form filling and expense. I wrote to my MP about this months ago, but have recieved no reply...

So this article about UN support for ecological farming is very encouraging:

http://www.permaculture.org.uk/news/agroecology-outperforms-large-scale-industrial-farming-20100624

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home